Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Gwendolyn Reading Method

I love watching YouTube videos, especially those on books or Booktube. One of my favorite Booktubers is Gwen from The Gwendolyn Reading Method. Go check her out! I'll wait....


You're back, she's got a lot of personality right! I love it. She reads so much and I'm finding myself picking up books she's talked about. This has helped me greatly this year, I found myself not wanting to read a lot & I LOVE to read. Now she isn't the only one I've picked up a book because they've recommended it, but she sure is one I have read more books from! 

So I decided to make a list! 

As I'm writing this list I'm finding its mostly series!
So I'm going to post books as series, but only the ones I've read though.

First up is the London Steampunk series by Bec McMaster
I bought My Lady Quicksilver awhile ago, but when I realized it was the third book in a series it was promptly placed at the bottom if my TBR pile. It was watching a video review from The Gwendolyn Reading Method which made me pick up this series & read it. Below are the first three books in the series, which I've read. I'm currently have Forged by Desire (book 4) in my TBR pile.

Kiss of Steel, Heart of Iron, & My Lady Quicksilver
(Books 1-3)

           
      


On Dublin Street Series by Samantha Young
I think this series is considered a New Adult series. I'm honestly not sure. I've read the first three books in the series, and I'm not sure if I will continue. Mostly due to the characters in the next books. I really liked these three books, they were really quick easy reads.

On Dublin Street, Down London Road, & Before Jamaica Lane
(Books 1-3)


   




The first three books in The Others series are the three BEST books I've read in 2015!
NOT KIDDING!

The Others Series by Anne Bishop
So far there are only three books in the series
 & I am waiting not so patiently for the next book!
I actually had the first two books in mass market paperbacks, but watching Gwen just rave about the series inspired me to pick them up. I stayed up way too late reading (finishing) Written in Red, then I picked up the audiobook of Murder of Crows so I could listen to it at work. And then it was the weekend and repeated the late night reading of Vision in Silver.

Written in Red, Murder of Crows, & Vision in Silver
(Books 1-3)

                  

There are probably a lot of other books I've read after 
watching Gwen talk about them on her youtube channel. 

Is there anyone who has a lot of influence on what you read
or you take a lot of recommendations from?

No comments:

Post a Comment