Friday, July 3, 2015

June 2015 Wrap Up

June Wrap Up & Mini Reviews 


Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews 

4 Stars

This was an awesome meld of fantasy & science fiction. I really enjoyed it & immediately read the second book Sweep In Peace on Ilona Andrew's blog. I can't wait to see what happens next & I know I've got a lot of time to wait until they start posting the third story. I can be patient because Magic Shifts comes out next month and White Hot comes out in 2016. 

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews 

4 Stars*


I've been re-listening to the Kate Daniels Series in anticipation of Magic Shifts. 
There were several reasons for this. 
1- these are very entertaining audiobooks & keep me entertained during a lot of road trips
2- I read/listened to this series in a marathon over two months last fall
3- I wanted to make sure I remembered everything before the next book

Ok. So this is one of my favorites. It has the FINALLY moment in it & 
Kate finally left the Order! 
These books really do hold up to rereads! 

Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson 

4 Stars

This is a pretty quick read & I found it really enjoyable. 
It pulled at my emotions & I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to pick up the second book. 

Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook 

4 Stars


This is the second book in the Iron Seas series. Its a steampunk romance. I did find the conflict wrapped up a little easily but it was still a good read.


The Clockwork Dagger by Beth Cato 

5 Stars


I picked this book up on the recommendation of Kevin Hearne's blog. 
I really enjoyed it & read it in one sitting. This is a fun steampunk fantasy. 
I can't wait to pick up the second book!

No comments:

Post a Comment