Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 2015 Wrap Up



 Recurve  by Shannon Mayer  3 Stars

My cousin recommended it to me & I thought I would check it out.

This book was a solid 3 stars for me.

This was a good fast paced book. I did find myself lost a few times with the world building, but since its a first in a series I expect it will be fleshed out more in the next books. I'm really looking forward to the next book. 

Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis. 3 Stars


Another solid 3 stars. This was a cute contemporary romance. I can't wait for the rest of the series. I really wanted to know more about some of the side characters, but I think that will come in time with future books.

Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister 2.5 Stars


I felt like I was missing things throughout this whole book. I'd checked to make sure it was the first in a series before I bought it even! And it was and it wasn't. This was the first book in a second trilogy in a trilogy of trilogies. And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to read a different series before starting the trilogy of trilogies. Yeah. So now I'm trying to hunt down the other books.


It was cute but annoying since I felt like I was missing things. By the time I hit the middle I just wanted the story to be over. 

House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter 4 Stars


I really liked this book. It took awhile for me to get into it, I had to switch from the audiobook to a physical copy, but once I did I only put it down to eat! I can't wait until I can put my hands on the next book! I really want to find out what happens next!

The characters are great & I love the world that is being built. I did feel there were some things that could have been explained better, but I'm hoping as I read it will work itself out.


The Witness by Nora Roberts 3 Stars

This was a reread, or relisten as its an audiobook. Though parts of it I still find unrealistic, but it was still enjoyable.

Aisling Grey: Guardian Series by Katie MacAlister Series Review Overall: 4 Stars


So I got sick for a few days & spent the time reading. I picked up the four books in this series because I felt like I was missing stuff in Love in the Time of Dragons.

Book 1: You Slay Me  4 Stars

Book 2: Fire Me Up   4 Stars

Book 3: Light My Fire   4 Stars

Book 4: Holy Smokes    4 Stars

This series was fun! They were light fun reads, which is what I needed at that point in time. I loved the talking dog, demon thing. 

4 Iron Druid Short Stories/Novellas by Kevin Hearne

Three Slices #7.5             5 Stars

Kabib Unbound #0.6       5 Stars

Test of Mettle #3.5           4 Stars

The Chapel Perilous #4.6        5 Stars

I have all but The Chapel Perilous as audiobooks. I love how Luke Daniels portrays the characters in this series. The Iron Druid series is a solid favorite & I have read all but Shattered, book #7, at LEAST twice. I tend to reread/listen to them right before the next book is released. They really hold up to multiple readings, mostly because you keep finding things that you forgot or oh! I know what that is foreshadowing! Its really cool! There is also a talking dog in this series, Oberon, LOVE HIM! 





No comments:

Post a Comment