Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday

I've been following the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads group for awhile. This week's topic is Top 5 Books You Weren't Expecting to Like But Did. I'm not actually going to do this topic (I know I'm a rebel).

I'm going way back to July & doing a topic from then.

 Top 5 Books I've Read So Far in 2014


1. Shattered by Kevin Hearne
 I was looking forward to this book since June 2013. I love this series & it makes work go so fast when I'm listening to the audio books. 

2. The Secret Diary of Lizzy Bennet by Kate Rorick
Not only did I love this book, I loved the web series. I didn't watch it when it first came out & was able to marathon every episode. :)

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I listened to this on a trip home & at work, mistake! This book makes you feel everything. I found myself very grateful that I was alone at work & no one could see me! I read this in preparation for the movie. 

4. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
My first Brandon Sanderson book! I loved it & have been anxiously waiting for Firefight! This book was quiet entertaining listen at work for a week. The characters & world were amazing and well done.

5. Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
I've read (listened to) Books 1-3, Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes, & one of the companion novels, Gunmetal Magic. I am currently reading Book 4, Magic Bleeds. I can't get enough of this series or read them fast enough. Kate Daniels is an awesome character and I love the progression she is making throughout the series.

Into the Bonus Round: 


6. Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
The third installment of the Heist Society series. I love this series mostly because it got me back into reading YA & other genres. This wasn't my favorite of the series, but I still loved it. I really enjoy seeing how the characters are growing up.

7. The Heist & The Chase by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg
The first two books in the Fox & O'Hare series. I really enjoy this series. I've described it as a book cross over of White Collar & Leverage. 

There are more I could add to this list & I'm going to try and do a Top Reads of 2014 at the end of the year. 

What have been your favorite books you've read this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment