Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday

Books I'd Recommend for Halloween 

I'm not a huge fan of scary movies & even less of scary books. 
But I do read all around the fantasy & supernatural genres.
Which is where my recommendations are from.

So after putting this list together I realize I read a lot of series, vampire, & steampunk books & series.




1.  Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep
 There are 12 books in the series starting with Spider's Bite, and around 13 or so novellas. They're pretty quick reads & I really like the ones I've read so far.









2. The Immortal Empire Trilogy by Kate Locke
This is a steampunkish supernatural trilogy. The mythos in this series is one I haven't read before or since. I have loved Xandra since the first book, God Save the Queen.









3. Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger
I started this series & marathoned the first three books and then stopped. I really need to finish this series & the find out how it concludes. There are five books in this series, starting with Soulless.











4. London Steampunk Series by Bec McMaster
I picked up Kiss of Steel, the first book, from the library & thoughly enjoyed it. I immediately read the next two & the fourth is on my immediate TBR!








5. Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
 I have been binge reading (listening) to this series. Seriously the last 5 books added to my read bookshelf on Goodreads is from this series. I have to say Magic Bites, the first book, isn't the best in the series, but it is still enjoyable & it only gets better.







No comments:

Post a Comment